Allied Arts Foundation provides umbrella sponsorship to artists working in all disciplines for projects of merit. The foundation also provides annual grants to emerging artists. Please review the following to become familiar with both programs. We invite your participation in the programs of Allied Arts Foundation, and we look forward to working with you.
We invite artists currently sponsored or recently granted awards by Allied Arts Foundation to download the Allied Arts Foundation logo for promotional purposes.
2018 Artist Grants
Deadline: 8:00PM PST Monday, April 30, 2018
The Allied Arts Foundation 2018 Artist Grant Awards is: Listen UP! Music by Women.
Allied Arts Foundation will distribute at least $15,000 in award grants to women and people who identify as women composers and songwriters, living in Washington State and submitting new, unpublished, original work. The number of grants and dollar amounts awarded will be based on the applications received.
Entrants may submit up to two recordings of unpublished original new work, a resume, a statement about each recording (250 words max each), and a brief description about how the funds will be used (up to 350 words). Written scores will not be accepted.
There is no entry fee.
The information below details grant eligibility and requirements.
APPLICATION FORM: http://bit.ly/AAF2018Grants
CONTACT: If you have questions, contact: Jeff Crandall, Operations Manager: Jeff@alliedarts-foundation.org
Applicants must meet the following requirements:
• WASHINGTON STATE RESIDENTS: Applicants must reside in Washington State.
• WOMEN SONGWRITERS & COMPOSERS: Applicants must be women or people who identify as woman. Participants involved in the production of submitted material, such as musicians, vocalists, engineers and so on, do not have to be female.
• UNPUBLISHED ORIGINAL NEW WORK: Submissions must be unpublished new work and must be the original work of the applicant(s).
• ARTISTS SPONSORED BY ALLIED ARTS FOUNDATION INELIGIBLE: Artists who have former or active fiscal sponsorship contracts with Allied Arts Foundation are ineligible to apply.
The following musical genres are eligible:
• Contemporary Classical (including solo and ensemble works)
• Electronic and/or electroacoustic
• Musical theatre
• Sound installation
• World music
Submissions must be unpublished original new works.
MERIT BASED AWARD
Allied Arts Foundation will allocate awards based on the recordings submitted, the composer or songwriter statements about each piece and how the funds will be used, and resumes.
The works submitted will be judged on their own merit. Winners will be selected after a panel of judges review and discuss application materials. Submissions will NOT be judged on production and recording quality.
Examples of criteria on which works will be judged (but are not limited to):
• Lyrics (this excludes works without lyrics)
You do NOT have to submit a budget or needs statement.
Start of application acceptance: February, 2018
Submission deadline: Monday, April 30, 2018, 8:00 PM PST
Selection committee review: May-June 2018
Award announcements : Late June 2018
Applicants must fill out the online application form AND
Applicants must submit the following by email:
• A resume or CV (curriculum vitae) detailing your musical experience.
• Up to 2 recordings of your work and a brief description of each recording (up to 250 words each). Participants involved in the production of submitted material, such as musicians, vocalists, engineers and so on, do not have to be female. Written scores will not be accepted.
Applications must be submitted using Google Forms.
APPLICATION FORM: http://bit.ly/AAF2018Grants
Support materials, including recording files and resume, must be emailed separately to AAFSeattle@gmail.com
If you have questions, contact: Jeff Crandall, Operations Manager: Jeff@alliedarts-foundation.org
SUPPORT Listen UP! Music by Women
Allied Arts Foundation Fiscal Sponsorship
With an Allied Arts Foundation fiscal sponsorship, you can hold fund raisers for your arts project, and donations to your project will be tax deductible for the donors. Please note that funds that you receive are still considered income by the IRS and must be reported on your annual tax return. Allied Arts Foundation charges a 10% fee for all funds raised and we also deduct any credit card fees, PayPal fees, or other fees incurred from your award. This is a great way to raise money for your arts project or organization!
We invite your application for umbrella sponsorship at any time, although it is advisable that you apply well before funding deadlines which may require our tax status notification or our IRS Letter of Determination for your application. We sponsor projects and artists on a by-project or ongoing basis.
Please follow the AAF Sponsorship Guidelines and contact Karen Kane (206.624.0432) for additional information about the sponsorship program.