STRATEGIC PLANNING COMMITTEE
Seeking a Chair & active working members
Estimated Time Commitment: Chair: 10 hours a month. Members: 4 hours a month.
Help Allied Arts Foundation plan for the future! Working with the AAF Executive Committee, the hands-on Strategic Planning Committee will address the following:
- Mission: Review and refine the Allied Arts Foundation purposes, goals and values with a distinct mission statement, vision statement, and values statement.
- Logo: Evaluate and make recommendations for a new AAF logo. Create a written statement for approval by the Executive Committee of what qualities the logo should embody and why.
- Policies and Procedures: Working with the Executive Committee and Development Committee, review, evaluate, update, and, where necessary, make recommendations for new copy for all of Allied Arts Foundation’s Bylaws, policies and procedures, and board member roles and responsibilities.
- Annual Goals & Evaluation: Working with committee chairs and the Executive Committee, set the year-long agenda for Allied Arts Foundation; produce an annual review and evaluation of how well those goals were met; recommend changes for improvement.
- Long term strategic and programming goals: Assess and recommend a blueprint for the future of Allied Arts Foundation; develop goals, objectives, timeline, and ongoing evaluation methods. Including new programming areas, funding possibilities, and, working with the chair of the Development Committee, fundraising goals and objectives,
We are seeking individuals with a passion for the arts who have any of the following:
- Experience in strategic planning
- Strong business acumen
- Excellent reasoning, problem solving and/or analytical skills
- Experience leading organizational and operational change
- Experience in creating and supporting effective teams
- Experienced in group process dynamics and facilitation
- Excellent written and oral communication and networking skills
- Excellent mediation and negotiation skills
Requirement: Review of AAF History and Corporate Culture — Before moving forward, committee members new to AAF will need to gain an understanding of our founding, history, corporate culture, and current successes and challenges by reading Stirring Up Seattle and attending an information session with one or more members of the Executive Committee.