Founded in 2012, the Alchemy Tap Project is a Seattle-based performance company for serious tap dancers ages 16 and up.
Directed by former Cirque du Soleil dancer Josh Scribner, ATP’s mission is to keep the art of tap dance alive and relevant to future generations.
Since their first performance at Seattle’s iconic Century Ballroom, the Alchemy Tap Project has performed at the Walla Walla Dance Festival, Seattle Art Museum’s REMIX, and Teatro Zinzanni, as well as many appearances at Town Hall Seattle, Benaroya Hall, and Folklife Festival. ATP has also performed with the Kamiakin Junior High School band, and at fundraisers for the Susan G. Komen Race For The Cure, the Roosevelt High School dance team, and the Shorecrest High School dance team.
ATP has produced six annual shows. Beat Science: Music in Motion will be held in 2018 at the Cornish Playhouse next to the Seattle Center. The show consists of all original choreography, spanning a wide range of musical styles and choreographic concepts. Past shows have included:
- A tribute to jazz icon Dave Brubeck and his use of odd-time signatures
- A set inspired by the influence of Latin music on the world of tap
- A cappella works using chairs, drumsticks, and different sounding dance surfaces
- Electronically remixed and enhanced funk and swing music
- Collaborations with live jazz and classical musicians
- Collaborations with ballet and contemporary dancers
Help make this coming season the best one yet for Alchemy Tap Project!
Your donation helps expand the company’s production capabilities and reach new audiences:
- $35 pays for one hour rehearsal time
- $50 buys one costume for a dancer
- $125 pays for one hour of video production time
- $300 provides a pair of tap shoes for a dancer
- $750 pays for the production of a new video
- $1,500 rents the performance venue for one full show
- $2,000 allows ATP to hire a band.
- $5,000 buys a comprehensive marketing package through Encore Media Group
- $10,000 pays for rehearsal time for an entire season!
But ANY amount helps! Donors who give at the $125 level or above will have their name featured in our program (unless otherwise requested). Click on the button below to DONATE now: